Beam Reach wiki
A wiki supporting research projects of the Beam Reach Marine Science and Sustainability School.
- fall 2007 data directory
- fall 2006, fall 2005...
- all sounds
- all images
- how to archive video? (Vimeo)
Useful tools for processing:
On-going group research projects:
- localization tests
- Vocalization attributable to individual whales
- Biosonics echosounder
- Ling cod acoustic tagging
- Automated photo identification
- Puget Soundscape
- Salish Sea hydrophone network (Collaboration with the Whale Museum and others)
Space for individual research projects (e.g. externships)
- Your project here?
Published or public results
- Past student research papers and presentations
- fall 2007 science synopsis
- Source level of calls from Southern resident killer whales (Val Veirs and Scott Veirs, 2005)
- Ambient noise in killer whale critical habitat (Val Veirs and Scott Veirs, 2006; 2008)
- Commercial shipping noise in Haro Strait (Scott Veirs and Val Veirs, 2006)
- fall 2007 mother+calf localization
- Information theory applied to southern resident killer whale calls (Kenna Lehmann et al., 2008)
- Killer whales increase their call amplitude in response to vessel noise (Holt et al, 2009)
- Hydroacoustic assessment of the prey field for killer whales in Haro Strait (Veirs et al, 2009, Poster at the Puget Sound Georgia Basin Ecosystem Conference]
Put a link to the sustainability_log.xls file here
Intro to wiki editing
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.