Beam Reach wiki
This is a place to organize and share data and research projects from the Beam Reach Marine Science and Sustainability School.
On-going group research projects:
- localization tests
- Vocalization attributable to individual whales
- Biosonics echosounder
- [[Ling cod acoustic tagging]
- Automated photo identification
- Puget Soundscape
- Salish Sea hydrophone network (Collaboration with the Whale Museum and others)
Space for individual research projects (e.g. externships)
- Your project here?
Published or public results
- Past student research papers and presentations
- fall 2007 science synopsis
- Source level of calls from Southern resident killer whales (Val Veirs and Scott Veirs, 2005)
- Ambient noise in killer whale critical habitat (Val Veirs and Scott Veirs, 2006; 2008)
- Commercial shipping noise in Haro Strait (Scott Veirs and Val Veirs, 2006)
- fall 2007 mother+calf localization
- Information theory applied to southern resident killer whale calls (Kenna Lehmann et al., 2008)
Put a link to the sustainability_log.xls file here
Intro to wiki editing
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.